Saturday, October 4, 2008

Before and after the storm

Hi all! Finally got the camera back together.

Here is the view from my balcony before the storm:
With my lovely kitchen garden with happy basil:
And the same after the storm -- yard not too happy (or extant):

And very wet basil:
Entertainingly, the basil actually liked the storm -- it grew about 3 inches in one day!

We didn't have all that much damage. A messy yard:
A leaky window:(and it's hard to tell if there's water damage in a wall when it's painted dark green, as the discoloration won't show.)

And a leaky door and subsequent floor:
Well, we were going to paint the room and tear out the carpet anyhow... just need to majorly fix the window and minorly fix the door and stained ceiling.

These are the little flowers that saw me through the storm (a little tea rose and a Hyacinth Bean, which grows delightfully):

I was worried that they wouldn't make it, but apparently I don't water my garden enough -- all my plants are thrilled still, although now only starting to wilt again, as it hasn't rained since Ike came through.

No comments:

Post a Comment