Saturday, November 8, 2008

Book fair update

Well, it was a success ... and cleared me out! My shop now has only one item left ... must restock! But it was so much fun to meet real people and get reassurance that people do want my work. Also, as others have said (but can't find the link now), I feel bad about putting something a bit wonky on Etsy, with a glue smudge, or with slightly warped covers, or just not quite as good as I'd like, but I have no qualms about selling it in person - they've already seen it and judged it worthwhile. While I spent half my earnings buying a Mrs. Molesworth book and a journal from the girl next to me, I did make enough to pay for a nice dinner -- and that makes me overjoyed.

And the few things I didn't sell? A few are going in the shop once I take more pictures, and the rest I rather wanted to keep as presents (like the metallic books below), so everything's grand.

Have a great day, all!
(stock photo, but mmmm looks nice!)

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on doing so well. I have my fist BIG craft fair next month so I really should be sewing right now.

    ReplyDelete