Wednesday, April 27, 2011

1930s triangles



 A month or so ago I went to a quilt shop that was going out of business and got a grab bag of 1930s (I suppose) half-square triangles for $1.87.  Not sure exactly what I'm going to make with them (well, baby quilt, as everyone seems to be expecting, but not sure the pattern yet), but I figured I could at least make squares out of them.  I have enough to make 132 of these and 19 solid white (perhaps I have enough of my own scraps of this batiste-type cotton to make 20).



So I've been sewing squares.  
 
All in a row, so I'm sort of making bunting, at least until I iron them.

Bunting seems appropriate, if you can see what's on my little TV...

Yes, it's a Royal Wedding special.

I also went to the British Consulate on a break from work (it's right across the street) and signed the congratulations book.  (Most exciting thing ever!)  I felt a little less silly when I saw that the Mayor had signed just before we got there!

No comments:

Post a Comment