Monday, September 28, 2009

Bright and girly Emmeline apron


I just love making these.  The instructions are simple, I get to play with fabric and colors, and it's such a lovely finished project.  I hate photographing them, though -- it never turns out right.  I iron them, and they look great to the naked eye, but the photograph makes them look wrinkled, or uneven, or something.  And my mother's dress form sure looks busty! 

At least here you get true colors:



Both Jo-Ann prints.  The accent color/sash is a yellow with tiny white butterflies on it, picking up on the butterflies in the hot pink.  I need to get an up-close picture of the decorative stitching I did across the top band, but this is one finished project with which I am very pleased!

In other news, my list of unread posts from my 489 Google Reader subscriptions has gone down to 997 after weeks at 1000+!

2 comments:

  1. Hi

    This is just gorgeous, too good to cook or paint in. Very beautiful work, well done.

    Best wishes

    Billie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute! i love the style! aprons are so hard!

    ReplyDelete