Sunday, October 25, 2009

New book


I had fun with this one, my first two-needle coptic-bound book. I used a lovely florentine-style (maybe actually florentine -- it's "made in Italy"!) paper for the outside, and a Japanese print on the inside.


Plain blue copy paper matches nicely.


If you zoom in on the picture below, you can make out my stitches. I think it looks a lot better than single-needle coptic, but it's more of a pain (especially as I have only one curved needle, and had to do the other straight!). Pink cotton thread. These colors make me happy!


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Very nice. And the paper you used on the outside is one of my favorites.

    Thanks for visiting my blog last week. Sorry it's taken me so long to make the rounds and visit every one!

    ReplyDelete