Thursday, September 11, 2008

The Storm

I just posted this over at A Little Hut, but may as well put it here too:

We're in Montrose. Seems like this time people are actually paying attention to the instructions, and evacuating only when they're supposed to (either 1) you're in an area in the storm surge, 2) you're in an unsafe structure like a mobile home, or 3) you're physically fragile and might not be able to survive a power outage or a broken window). Should be entertaining overall; I've been through a few, and they weren't so bad -- mainly b/c my house is high up, and my old Ford seems perfectly capable of taking on a few inches of water and then having nothing to show for it but a bad smell. If your house is poorly located, it might be a bit more unpleasant, though. Take care and stay dry and undamaged!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog! :)

    Yes, it seems like things are more organized this time. Hopefully we'll all be ok. Stay safe!!

    ReplyDelete